- Always comb out any tangles BEFORE washing your hair. Wet hair can increase damage of your natural and extensions hair.
- Only use shampoo/conditioner/leave-in conditioner designed exclusively for hair extensions.
- DO NOT apply excessive amounts of water to the hair at one time. Excessive water can cause the hair extensions to swell and tangle. Be sure to section and gradually wet the hair until it’s completely wet.
- Apply shampoo starting at the roots, gently smooth the shampoo and conditioner in your hair by using your fingertips.
- Be sure to rinse your extensions thoroughly to remove residue.
- Rid excess water by wringing the hair with a towel and let it air dry. Always air dry your hair rather than wrapping it up in a turban like towel. This will pull at the hair extensions.
- Avoid products containing alcohol as they are known to dull the shine of the hair.
- We suggest a light pomade to smooth down your the edges of your hair.
- We DO NOT suggest the use of oil on hair extensions, as this will wear the hair down. If you must use an oil, a light shine or mist is recommended.
- When combing out your hair extensions, start from the bottom and work your way to the root of the hair. Gently remove any snarls, while holding the hair at the root. This will prevent the hair from excessive shedding. We recommend combing your extensions daily.
- Refrain from using excessive heat.
- Have your hair extensions professionally tightened every 4 to 6 weeks for longer wear.
- Try sleeping on a satin pillowcase so that you are able to move your head freely without causing breakage or loosening your extensions.
- Always tie your hair in one braid before going in chlorine or salt water.
- When swimming, a swim cap is suggested to protect your hair extensions. Keep in mind that the force of the water may damage your natural hair, pull out your hair extensions and the chlorine in the pool may dry, dull, and discolor the hair.
- If your extensions are exposed to chlorine or salt water it is important to wash your hair immediately with clarifying shampoo.
Removing your Extensions:
- Hair Extensions should always be removed by a professional, to ensure that your natural hair is not damaged or pulled from the hair follicles in the process.